Cookies are small text files that are created to store certain data from websites you visit. For example, a choice of language or other settings. Cookies are necessary for this website to function better and for statistical purposes. The cookies we use for EduSolutions cannot be traced back to a person, a PC or other device. A cookie therefore does not store your name, address, age or other personal data (except in some cases your IP address).
Some cookies on the websites are placed by us, while others are placed by third parties. Third party cookies may also collect data outside of our websites. They are used for the following purposes:
- Functional cookies: These are cookies that allow users to view digest.nl, use the features on the websites and access secure areas of the sites. The information collected through these cookies is not used for marketing purposes.
- Analytical cookies: These cookies help EduSolutions to improve its websites. The cookies collect information about how visitors use digits.nl, including information about the most visited pages or the number of error messages displayed.
- Marketing and other cookies: Marketing cookies on Digitest.nl are usually placed by ad networks. These networks are companies that act as intermediaries between EduSolutions and advertisers. These cookies are used to:
- Display relevant, personalized ads or offers through any type of media (such as email, social media and banners) based on your visit to and click behavior at Digitest.nl;
- limit the number of times each ad is shown;
- measure the effectiveness of an ad campaign;
- link to social media so that you are recognized if you want to use social media through Digitest.nl.
Cookie banner: __pureCookieNotify
Purpose: Remembers your choices which cookies you want to keep.
Google Tag Manager
Purpose: Analytics & tag management & cookie bar manager. This script is used to measure the website in order to gain insight in effectiveness and quality. In addition, this script takes care of the management of all analytics and tracking cookies, and thus compliance with legislation.
Storage period: Deleted at the end of the session
Google Analytics: _ga, _gid, _gat
Purpose: With Google Analytics we measure how you use Digitest.nl and how you found us. We use this knowledge to improve our sites. Without this cookie we miss your data. Because of this we don’t see how you use our sites and you will have to wait longer for improvements.
Storage period: This cookie comes from Google and will be deleted after a maximum of two years.
Hotjar: _hjid, _hjIncludedInSample, hjAbsoluteSessionInProgress
Purpose: We use Hotjar to improve the usability of our website. It also makes it possible to discover errors in the site.
Storage period: This cookie comes from Hotjar and is stored for a maximum of 1 year.
Google Dynamic Remarketing
Goal: Tracking & remarketing. This cookie (set by a script) is used for collecting for advertising purposes, i.e. the anonymous measurement of advertising campaigns and the anonymous collection of data. The latter concerns the country/language combination in combination with the searched product, in order to show a relevant advertisement in the right language to the customer on external websites. This concerns in particular text ads via Google display network (GDN).
Storage period: This cookie is deleted after 90 days.
LinkedIn Marketing Solutions & Linkedin Ads
Goal: Tracking & remarketing. This cookie (set by a script) is used to collect for advertising purposes, i.e. the anonymous measurement of advertising campaigns and the anonymous collection of data. The latter relates to the country/language combination in combination with the searched product, in order to show a relevant advertisement to the customer on LinkedIn in the right language.
Storage period: This cookie from Linkedin is deleted after a maximum of two years.
Sharing: LinkedIn does not sell private information to third parties.
Purpose: The Facebook pixel ensures that you get to see relevant EduSolutions content on Facebook. This way, we can serve you even better online.
Storage period: Facebook stores data for as long as they need it to offer products and services. Data linked to your own Facebook account will be stored until you delete your account, unless Facebook no longer needs this data.
If you do not want websites to place cookies on your computer at all, you can adjust your browser settings to warn you before cookies are placed. You can also adjust the settings so that your browser rejects all cookies or only third-party cookies. You can also delete cookies that have already been placed. Please note that you must adjust the settings separately for each browser and computer you use.
In addition, refusing cookies does not mean that you will no longer see advertisements. The advertisements are then just not adjusted to your interests anymore and will be repeated more often.
How you can adjust your settings varies from browser to browser. If necessary, consult the help function of your browser, or click on one of the links below to go directly to the manual of your browser.